Aluminum PCB Advanced Circuits Specification
Aluminum Printed Circuit Boards Contain a Thin Layer of Thermally Conductive Dielectric Material that Transfers Heat.
There are many names for these products; Aluminum clad, aluminum base, Metal clad printed Circuit Board (MCPCB), Insulated Metal Substrate(IMS or IMPCB), Thermally conductive PCBs, etc… but they all mean the same thing and perform the same way.
How Are Aluminum PCBs Made?
A thin layer of thermally conductive but electrically insulating dielectric is laminated between a metal base and a copper foil. The copper foil is etched into the desired circuit pattern and the metal base draws heat away from this circuit through the thin dielectric.
The power device surface mounting on circuit layer, it is ideally suited for the mounting of high power light emitting diodes (LEDs) easily dissipating the heat generated by power devices.
Aluminum based PCB used:
1. Audio devices: input, output amplifiers, balanced amplifiers, audio amplifier, preamplifier, power amplifier.etc.
2. Power Supply: Switching Regulator,DC / AC converter,SW regulator.
3. Telecommunications electronic equipment: high-frequency electric amplifiers ,Filtering appliance ,Transmitter circuit,etc.
4. Office automation equipment: Electric motor, drives.etc
5. Automotive: Electronic regulator, Ignition, Power Controllers.etc
6. Computer: CPU board ,Floppy drive ,Power Device.etc
7. Power Modules:Converter, solid-state relay ,Power Rectifier bridges,etc
8. Lamps Lighting: with the promotion of energy-saving lamps, Aluminum base PCB , used on LED lights ,begin large-scale application.
Benefits of Aluminum PCBs
Heat dissipation is dramatically superior to standard FR-4 constructions.
The dielectrics used are typically 5 to 10 times as thermally conductive as conventional epoxy-glass and a tenth of the thickness
Thermal transfer exponentially more efficient than a conventional rigid PCB.
Lower copper weights than suggested by the IPC heat-rise charts can be used.
MCPCB & Metal Core PCB & LED PCB
MCPCB, Aluminium PCB, or call LED PCB are the circuit boards which use a base metal material as the heat spreader portion of the Aluminum clad Circuit Board, Aluminum PCB has good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation and mechanical processing properties, it's the most excellent and cheap cooling solutions.
MCPCB/Metal core PCB can be advantageous to use for their ability to integrate a dielectric polymer layer with a high thermal conductivity for a lower thermal resistance. Metal core PCB transfer heat 8 to 9 times faster than Rigid FR4 PCB. MCPCB laminates dissipate heat, keeping heat generating components cooler which results in increased performance and life. Metal core PCB are most widely found in LED technologies, using a metal core PCB in these LED products and applications help to greatly reduce the heat emitted.
Pcbmain: An Experienced MCPCB Manufacturer
Pcbmain has been working with Metal PCB/LED PCB for several years. We have gained extensive knowledge and experience in manufacturing Aluminum PCB from single-sided to double-sided which mainly used in LED lighting industry.
- Shenzhen Grandtop Electronics Co., Ltd
- PCBMain Technology ltd
- Folysky Technology (Wuhan) Co., Ltd
- Zhejiang Dafeng Technology Co., Ltd
- Shenzhen Byelecs Technology Co.,Ltd
- Fastcloud Technology Ltd
- Shenzhen ZITROK Electronics Co., Ltd.
- CHENONN Electronic Limited
- ShenZhen Semshine Tech Co, Ltd
- Shenzhen Grande Electronics Co., Ltd
- Ju Hui Electronics Co., Ltd.
- ZK Electronic Technology Co., Limited
- Company Profile
- Product Brand
- Contact Person
- Fax Number
- Post Code
- Online Map
Related Trade Leads+︎