Laminated glass is a safety glass made by laminating two or more sheets of equal/unequal glass thicknesses with a flexible plastic interlayer or PVB (poly vinyl butyral). The glass and interlayer are bonded together by heat and pressure. Generally this interlayer is 0.38mm thick but other thicknesses are available.
The safety aspect of laminated glass is due to its PVB interlayer which prevents the glass from disintegrating if broken, the glass adhering to the interlayer depending on the severity of the impact.
Laminated glass also acts as a barrier against penetration. Laminated glass is also available in tinted form. Tinted laminated glass simply uses a coloured interlayer between clear glass which also assists in reducing solar heat entry.
FEATURES AND APPLICATIONS
• Helps to protect carpets, curtains, and
• Furniture by screening out 99% of all ultra-violet light;
A Grade A safety glass which meets AS1288. By virtue of its make-up will not splinter into jagged dangerous pieces and will remain intact in opening;
Suited for overhead glazing such as windows directly above doorways, rooflites, skylites and multi storey buildings, where upon impact glass is unlikely to fall to the ground below;
Suited for doors, side lites, lift wells, ballustrading, laminated mirrors in walk through robe situations, wet areas and other areas as required by Australian Standards;
Security features which greatly aid prevention of illegal entry and/or vandalism (e.g., 6.52mm Lamguard and 11.52mm Anti-Bandit laminated glass;
Weather/disaster control features - upon impact though glass is broken, it stays intact in the opening, thus preventing damaging effects of weather in building.
Fire retardation - laminated glass though not used on its own as part of a fire resistant glazing, still provides longer evacuation time than ordinary thin annealed glass;
Noise reduction benefits
Visually distortion free in annealed form;
Solar control features, with tinted and reflective glass options;
Wide range of colours and PVB thicknesses including 0.38, 0.76, 1.14, and 1.52mm.
- Company ProfileVeeral eSafety Glass Pvt. Ltd.
- Product BrandLaminated Glass
- CategoryConstruction & Real Estate - Construction Materials Processing
- MashupIndia Construction & Real Estate - India Construction Materials Processing
- Contact PersonAnup Kodre
- Telephone+91 8380039341
- Fax Number+91 20 26058111
- Post Code411001
- Address601, Kumar Garima, 6th Floor, Opp. TCS, Near Hotel Panchratna, Tadiwala Road, Pune-411001, Maharashtra, India.
- Online MapVeeral eSafety Glass Pvt. Ltd. Map & Directions
Related ProductsVeeral eSafety Glass Pvt. Ltd.